League of Women Voters of California
Los Angeles County, CA
April 17, 2001 Election
Board Member; Pasadena Unified School District; Seat 6 Voter Information
2 Year Term.
(Vote for 1)
Click on a candidate name for more information.
Order is random and changes daily.
- Occupation: Businessman
Peter M. Soelter
- Accountability for results connected to administrators, teachers and principals.
- Responsiveness to the community's needs, including those of teachers who need support and resources in the classroom.
- No excuses for mediocre performance.
- Occupation: Parent and PTA President - Previously, CFO, UCLA Extension
- I am the only CPA candidate - 9 yrs with the "Big-six" accounting firm of Ernst and Young and 5 yrs as Chief Financial Officer of UCLA Extension.
- I have the experience to make large educational bureaucracies more responsive.
- I am the only candidate with children in both middle and elementary school in PUSD.
- I expect the best for my children - from their teachers, principals and our school district.
- As a volunteer I am a PTA President and helped found the Community Coalition for Quality Public Schools and Education Summit process.
- I have begun many programs to improve schools in our District.
- Implement the recommendations of the Charter Reform Task Force. I am committed to insuring that the PUSD not drop the ball again.
- Look at creative ways to allow more children to attend school in their neighborhood. We have a historic opportunity in northwest Pasadena now.
- Look at creative ways to work with the cities and county areas that make up our district. For instance, to share library resources or property sites.
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
- Pasadena City Clerk's Office - Election Division site
- Pasadena Unified School District site
Home (Ballot Lookup)
About Smart Voter
Created: April 27, 2001 18:00
Smart Voter <http://www.smartvoter.org/>
League of Women Voters of California Education Fund http://ca.lwv.org
The League of Women Voters neither supports nor
opposes candidates for public office or political parties.