League of Women Voters of California
Los Angeles County, CA
April 17, 2001 Election
Board Member; Arcadia Unified School District Voter Information
4 Year Term.
(Vote for 2)
Click on a candidate name for more information.
Order is random and changes daily.
Mary E. Dougherty
- Occupation: Member of the Arcadia Board of Education & 3-time President
- BA - University of Redlands & 30 graduate units in public administration - Cal State LA
- California School Boards Association Delegate since 1986 - elected 8 times by San Gabriel Valley school boards
- San Gabriel Coalition for Education (30 districts) - Chair six years
- Los Angeles Music Center's Bravo Awards screener since 1993
- Congressman David Dreier's annual Youth Volunteer Awards Council since 1993
- Outstanding Service Award presented by Arcadia Board of Education colleagues - 1990
- Build on a solid foundation of basic skills, focused on individual student educational needs, to increase the success & opportunities for ALL students
- Parent & community involvement in safe, well maintained schools
- Continued emphasis on personnel evaluation and staff development to support preparation for an explosive era of innovation and technological change
- Occupation: Public Administration
- School Board Member and President, Rosemead
Joann E. Steinmeier
- Communicating with Parents BEFORE important decisions are made
- Support educators and law enforcement in ensuring a safer school environment
- Actively work to reduce Federal and State mandates in order to exercise more local control
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.|
Home (Ballot Lookup)
About Smart Voter
Created: April 27, 2001 18:00
Smart Voter <http://www.smartvoter.org/>
League of Women Voters of California Education Fund http://ca.lwv.org
The League of Women Voters neither supports nor
opposes candidates for public office or political parties.