Registrar-Recorder/County Clerk: Conny McCormack
Election Department Address:
12400 Imperial Highway
Norwalk, CA 90650
LEAGUE of WOMEN VOTERS
DIRECTORY of CONTESTS|
Find information about contests on
a April 11 ballot in Los Angeles County:
Archives are available for these past Los Angeles County elections:
See an example of a ballot, or enter "4975 Overland Ave, 90230" above.
Find your county, ballot, candidates, and keywords
REGISTER to VOTE
You must have registered before March 27
to vote on April 11.
Call 800-815-2666 for questions about voting or to determine your voter registration status.
Fill out the Online Registration Form from the Secretary of State.
See Voter Registration in California from the League of Women Voters.
How to Vote using your county's voting system
- from the Secretary of State
2006 ELECTIONS IN L.A. COUNTY (SUBJECT to CHANGE)
January 10 (Register by December 27, 2005)
- City of Pomona Special Election (for uncompleted Mayoral term); see results
January 24 (Register by January 9)
- City of Burbank Special Mail-in Election (for 1 uncompleted City Council term); info in English, Spanish
March 7 (Register by February 21)
- Los Angeles Unified School District Special Election (uncompleted Board of Education term in District 2); administered by the Election Division of the L.A. City Clerk's Office
April 4 (Register by March 20)
- El Rancho Unified School District Special Election (uncompleted Board of Education term); administered by the L.A. County Registrar-Recorder
April 11 (Register by March 27)
- Arcadia, Avalon, Bradbury, Culver City, El Segundo, Lancaster, Lawndale, Long Beach, Malibu, Norwalk, Santa Clarita, Sierra Madre, Vernon, Walnut, Whittier
June 6 (Register by May 22)
- Statewide Primary Election, plus local runoff elections if required in Long Beach and Los Angeles (LAUSD District 2 only)
November 7 (Register by October 23)
- Statewide General Election, plus city and school district elections in Alhambra, Downey, Pomona, and Santa Monica, as well as numerous other school districts and special districts
BE a POLLWORKER
Requirements: at least 18 years old; U.S. Citizen; registered voter; and able to speak, read, and write the English language (or bilingual).
Take the 'Pollworker Plunge' Today!
- (Agoura Hills, Westlake Village)
Antelope Valley Press
- (Palmdale, Lancaster)
- (Westchester, Marina Del Rey, Santa Monica)
The Beach Reporter
- (Manhattan Beach, Redondo Beach, Hermosa Beach, El Segundo)
- (Torrance, South Bay, Beach Cities)
- (Inland Empire, San Gabriel Valley)
- (Greater L.A., San Fernando Valley, North County)
- (Hermosa, Redondo, Manhattan Beaches)
KCET (Public TV)
KCRW (Public Radio)
KPCC (Public Radio)
- (Spanish Language)
Long Beach Press-Telegram
L.A. Downtown News
- Culver City, Hollywood, West Hollywood, Westside
- (Legal/Political Emphasis)
Palos Verdes Peninsula News
San Gabriel Valley Tribune
Santa Monica Mirror
Surf Santa Monica/Santa Monica LookOut
USA Today - California Coverage
- East Edition (Bellflower, Downey, South Gate, Whittier), Lynwood Edition, Northeast Edition (Commerce, East L.A., Monterey Park), West Edition (Inglewood, El Segundo)
Whittier Daily News
STATE GOVERNMENT LINKS
If the page does not have the Smart Voter logo that you see in the upper left corner, it is not a Smart Voter page!!
Submit feedback to us
Last generated: May 8, 2006 12:56 PDT|
Smart VoterTM <http://www.smartvoter.org/>
Smart Voter System Design by C. Hage Associates.
League of Women Voters of California Educaton Fund http://ca.lwv.org
The League of Women Voters neither supports nor opposes candidates for public office or political parties.